Convercent participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. Convercent is committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (EU) member countries, in reliance on the Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List.
Convercent is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives, under the Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. Convercent complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, Convercent is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, Convercent may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website (https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=How-to-Submit-a-Complaint), you may invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
Convercent commits to cooperate with the EU data protection authorities (DPA’s) with regard to human resources data transferred from the EU in the context of the employment relationship. This is inclusive of Convercent’s staff located in the United Kingdom effective at date of data collected.
Convercent complies with the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from Switzerland. Convercent has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Convercent’s certification, please visit https://safeharbor.export.gov/swisslist.aspx.
This Privacy Statement will inform you of:
- What personal information our site gathers about you.
- How we use and with whom we share the personal information we gather.
- Your ability to opt out of future notifications.
- What security procedures we have in place to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, or alteration.
- How you can correct or update your personal information.
Information We Collect
Convercent may collect information about you from various sources. Specifically, we may obtain information about you:
- On www.convercent.com, Convercent platform, and through any of our mobile applications (e.g., when you request information on the Site, establish an account, or submit content to the Site);
- When you call us, email us, or communicate with us through social media; and
- From our affiliates or subsidiaries, service providers, business partners, and other third parties.
The types of personal information we may obtain include:
- Contact details (e.g., name, postal address, email address, and telephone number);
- Username and password for the account you may establish on our Site;
- Photographs, videos, comments, and other content you submit to us;
- Information you provide by interacting with us through social media;
- We automatically collect information on the type of device you use, mobile provider and screen size of device;
- We do not collect location information, such as the real-time geographic location of the device on which you install our mobile applications; and
- Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties.
We also use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our Mobile Software on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personally identifiable information you submit within the mobile app.
As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve services we offer you, to improve marketing, analytics, or site functionality. The information we may collect by automated means includes:
- Information about the devices our visitors use to access the Internet (such as the IP address and the device, browser and operating system type);
- URLs that refer visitors to our Site;
- Dates and times of visits to our Site;
- Internet service provider;
- Information on actions taken on our Site (such as page views and website navigation patterns);
- A general geographic location (such as country and city) from which a visitor accesses our Site or mobile applications; and
- Search terms that visitors use to reach our Site.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- Register you on our Site and manage and maintain your accounts on the Site;
- Provide products or services you request;
- Understand your needs and interests and tailor our products and services to suit your personal interests and the manner in which visitors use our Site, products, and services;
- Communicate with you about products, services, based on the general geographic location transmitted by your mobile device;
- Maintain a record of general transactions on our Site;
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support;
- Communicate with you through email, websites, mobile applications and social media about our products, services, offers, events and promotions, and offer you products and services we believe may be of interest to you;
- Enable you to communicate with us through our blogs, social networks, and other interactive media;
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business and the products and services we offer;
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications, and strategies (including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read);
- Analyze performance of our services and technology and to analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of our Site, mobile applications, and social media assets, and the transactions visitors conduct on our Site;
- Protect against fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users;
Enforce our Terms of Service; and
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards and our policies.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Information Related to Data Collected for our Clients
Convercent collects information under the direction of its Clients, and has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes. If you are a customer of one of our Clients and would no longer like to be contacted by one of our Clients that use our service, please contact the Client that you interact with directly. We may transfer personal information to companies that help us provide our service. Transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by the service agreements with our Clients.
Access and Retention of Data Controlled by our Clients
Convercent has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct his query to the Convercent’s client, the data controller. If requested to remove data we will respond within 30 days. We will retain personal data we process on behalf of our clients for as long as needed to provide services to our client. Convercent will retain this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
To direct our ad network vendors not to use your data to deliver targeted advertising to you, please contact us at email@example.com. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you targeted ads, you may opt-out by clicking here, or if located in the European Union click here. Please note this does not opt you out of being served advertising. You will continue to receive generic ads. Some Web browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” feature that signals to websites that you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Each browser communicates “Do Not Track” signals to the actual website differently making it unworkable to honor each and every request correctly. To alleviate any communication error between browsers and website, we do not respond to Web browser “Do Not Track” signals at this time for every browser type. As the technology and communication between browser and website improves, we will reevaluate the ability to honor every browser “Do Not Track” signals and may make changes to our policy.
Information We Share
We also may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order), (ii) in response to a request by law enforcement authorities, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
We offer you certain choices about what information we collect from you, how we use and disclose the information, and how we communicate with you.
You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us or object at any time on legitimate grounds to the processing of your personal information. We will apply your preferences going forward. In some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to Convercent’s use or disclosure of your personal information will mean that you cannot take advantage of certain Convercent offerings or Site features.
Here are the choices we offer:
Sharing Information with Business Partners
You may choose not to receive marketing email communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the marketing emails or by adjusting your email preferences using the online account you may establish on our Site.
To opt out of receiving marketing communications through the advertising networks of our ad network vendors, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may request that we provide to you (i) a list of the categories of personal information about you that Convercent has disclosed to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the calendar year preceding your request, (ii) the names and addresses of such third parties, and (iii) if the nature of the third parties’ business cannot reasonably be determined from their names, examples of the products or services marketed, if known to Convercent, sufficient to give you a reasonable indication of the nature of the third parties’ business. To submit your request, please email email@example.com.
Access and Correction
Convercent will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Convercent will also retain customer data for a period of no longer that 365 days from date of termination of contracting party. The user account will remain active until responsible contracting company has either disabled the account or termination of service contract with Convercent.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide on our Site and Convercent platform against accidental unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use. For example, You understand that other personal information (not including payment card information) may be transferred unencrypted and involve (i) transmissions over various networks and (ii) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. However, Convercent will use commercially reasonable efforts, like secure socket layer (SSL), to encrypt information such as your login credentials during transmission.
Please note that no electronic transmission of information can be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective.
Linked Websites and Social Networks
Our Site may provide links to third-party websites for your convenience and information. Convercent does not control linked websites, and we do not endorse or make any representations about third-party websites. Linked sites may have their own privacy policies, which you should review if you visit those websites. We are not responsible for the content of any websites not affiliated with Convercent, any use of those websites, or those websites’ privacy practices.
We may also provide social media features on our Site that enable you to share Convercent information with your social networks and to interact with Convercent on various social media websites. This includes social media features, such as the Facebook Like button and widgets, such as the Share this button or interactive mini-programs that run on our site. Your use of these features may result in the collection or sharing of information about you. These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our site, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our site. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the social media websites with which you interact to help you understand those websites’ privacy practices.
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Convercent complies with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA) and does not knowingly collect Personal Information or direct its Site to children under the age of 13. If we learn that a user of the Site is under 18 years old, we will promptly delete any personal information that the individual has provided to us.
The Right to Change This Policy
How to Contact Us
Attn: Convercent Security
Denver, Colorado 80203
At Convercent we value open and honest communication. We always make our most up-to-date policies easily accessible.