Data Flow Mapping, Third-Party Management and Smart Implementation for Now and the Future.
The Global Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the EU’s strictest and most extensive directive, is effective as of May 25, 2018. This global mandate impacts any organization (regardless of where it is located) that stores, processes, or transfers the personal data of EU citizens and data subjects.
Penalties are steep — almost $25 million, or 4% of global revenues, whichever value is greater — thereby making compliance absolutely critical . In this free eBook, you’ll find an overview of the regulation along with necessary steps for complying, and an introduction to the tools that make it simple.
After reading this short guide, you will see why the GDPR is both a challenge and an opportunity for your program.
Download the eBook for:
- Simple steps to creating the process flow map — a key GDPR requirement — that follows data from collection to destruction.
- Internal GDPR training recommendations based on risk and role or organization-wide policy updates.
- Third party management requirements to safeguard against breaches (as many as 63% of data breaches are due to third parties!).
- Innovative solutions for turning GDPR compliance push, into employee pull, where ethics becomes the center of your organization.
This eBook was developed with insights from:
- Michael Rasmussen, GRC Economist & Pundit, GRC 20/20 Research, LLC
- Keith Read, Chief Compliance Officer & Managing Director Europe, Convercent