Because of the reach and impact of compliance program initiatives, the decision to purchase software can quickly evolve into an extensive process, involving dozens of internal stakeholders and requiring various approval procedures. As stakeholders from IT, HR and more weigh in, compliance teams often find themselves having to explain the necessity and value of new software—as well as combatting pressure to build a custom, proprietary system internally, or to “make it work” with existing systems. In this webinar, we’ll explore the reasons, costs and advantages of both buying off-the-shelf compliance software and building a custom solution.
- How to know when you should buy off-the-shelf vs. when you should build a custom solution
- Pressure to “make it work” with Sharepoint, spreadsheets, email, LMS, etc.
- Considerations and common obstacles
- Upfront and hidden costs
- Short- and long-term advantages
- How to make your case to IT, HR, legal and senior leadership
The GRC Pundit – GRC 20/20 Research
Solutions Consultant – Convercent
Recorded Live: December 3, 2015