CCOs and CMOs
Let’s address the obvious, not many see the connection between Chief Compliance Officers and Chief Marketing Officers. We could generalize CMOs as the creative types, right-brained, and emotionally driven; while we think of CCOs as realists, left-brained, and logically driven. Those generalizations paint a picture of two very different people. However, they face many of the same challenges:
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams
- Touch all departments
- Conduct campaigns
- Executive-level accountability
- Drive continuous improvement
Though the challenges are similar the toolkits and goals can be vastly different. Today we want to focus on the challenge of conducting campaigns and the simple toolkit used for planning those campaigns.
The Campaign Brief
A Campaign Brief acts as a guide to help you organize and identify your audience. When questions and uncertainty arise, it keeps the focus and alignment of the campaign. The brief is made up of 5 questions and usually only require a few points. Below is an example of a campaign brief addressing an organization being unclear about its GT&E policy.
Anatomy of a Compliance Campaign Brief
|Who is the target audience?|
|What are they doing now?|
|What do we want them to do?|
|How do we get them to do that?|
|What are the success criteria?|
Plan to Action
The Convercent platform is well suited to execute on the roadmap created from this and similar campaign briefs. Using the Convercent Policy Manager you can;
- Upload new policies, retire old policies and manage the revision history of policy changes—and receive alerts about unread policies or policies due for review
- Improve communication and program effectiveness through an easy to use interface and notification process
- Micro-target user populations by any campaign attribute, geographic location or function
- Capture encrypted, time- and date-stamped electronic signatures within the policy
- View real-time policy status for any employee, department or region
For a deeper dive check out our webcast, Effectively marketing your E&C program, with Compliance week led by Convercent VP of Marketing, Stewart Maurer. Stewart walks through a campaign brief focused on increase engagement with your helpline.